Bambino's SEE and Be SEEN: PULSE NY Version
I wanted to post some pictures during the Pulse Art Fair, but as many of you know we were very busy and had an amazing successful art fair in NY this year. Even though we had extreme interest and were busy with our artist whose work we brought to Pulse Art Fair, I still had some time to snoop around. I saw tons of interesting work, and was very pleased with quality of work and booths by other galleries.
My best awards his year during Pulse Art Fair is following:
- Best support and organized award would definitely will go all team of Pulse, they were amazingly on top of all issues and made the place in few days from simple garage space to well respected and visited, professional space. Every year it’s getting more and more successful because of their hard work
- Best solo booth in the Pulse section would definitely go to Catherine Clark's booth with Masami Teraoka ‘s beautiful paintings and prints, with thoughtful curated and obviously very well worked arrangements with placing them. Work from 1974 till present.
- Best Impulse booth award is deserved by Morgan Lehman Gallery from
. Hard work shoes itself, when you looked at their booth with very smart work by their artist John Salvest . My favorite piece was soap piece, which was sold at first day. I was sure that they would do very well with his work, and I wasn’t wrong at the end of Pulse Art Fair. Almost sold out booth, all works went to very good collections. New York
- Best performance would go to Mary Coble’s from
. It was a pleasure meeting her in person, she is extremely brave artist to do live performance. Unfortunally my batteries died, so I couldn’t take any pictures. But I spent enough time to see how many people were amazed and stopped to watch. I am sure you will see pictures from the performance later at other blogs, because it’s totally deserve a great reviews. Conner Contemporary Art Gallery
- Best installation in a Pulse booth would go to PPOW. Oliver Blanckart's piece was a totally smart and impressive installation. Also, they had the cutest art handlers in their booth. :-)
One of the most amazing and memorable pieces was Petroc Dragon Sesti's sculpture the booth of Carrie Secrist Gallery from
Beautiful paintings by Laurie Hogin at Schroder Romero Gallery, which I really love love (hint, hint). All her paintings were sold out. And SchroeRo girls couldn’t more than nicer to us, and do not miss their opening this Friday.
And I totally loved the wooden Gucci shoes by Lee Stoetzel from MixedGreens Gallery, whose work I saw first time in the gallery last year and during Year 07 Art Fair in
And it was totally fun to see our friend Andrea from Artrepco Gallery
Also, I must say most of the artist, bloggers, and friends whom we saw during the Art Fair were very supportive and nice, with their sweet short Hello’s and congratulations to our booth. And I especially enjoyed those of you who asked me to post more. It was nice to hear it and thank you all.
I really wanted to put more pictures and more information about more works I’ve seen but even though all dealers extremely sweet and generous with all information about artist, I wouldn’t steal their time during art fair, where it is important to help and pay attention to people who are interested in their booth. And I had to be at our booth as well.